Become part of the team!
The following positions are currently open and are looking to fill immediately. If you have a passion for helping the homeless, un-housed, at-risk adults in your community, then we want to talk to you! Please see the positions below, and email your resume to
our Human Resources. Thank you!
Current Available Positions:
Residential Services Coordinator
We are looking for male and female shelter monitor staff to help support clients, register, check-in, monitor and assess the overall well-being of clients and shelter. Must be able to work nights and mid-night shifts with hours being: 4:00 PM to 12:30 AM and 12:00 AM to 8:30 AM. Must be hardworking, responsible, and be able to pass a drug screening & background check. Spanish speaking a plus but not required. Pay between $9 to $13 per hour based on experience. We are looking to get started immediately! Please email your resume to Human Resources or fax it to (650) 330-8010, Attention Human Resources. Please include your times of availability for an interview.
Shift responsibilities include the following:
- Advocate for clients needs
- Monitor clients’ progress and well-being.
- Assist team in identifying potential challenges and provide input to others.
- Understand the systemic issues that affect low income and marginalized people.
- Engage clients: document background information and history
- Orient new arrivals to shelter protocols and policies
- Observe clients in day-to-day routines: maintain informal contact and develop informal
Opportunities to assist when needed
- Observe and assess agitation levels in order to proactively defusing potentially aggressive situations
- Assist with life and problem solving skills and support
- Communication – Attends staff meetings to ensure that clients needs are being well represented
Education and Experience
- Experience working in a shelter or other organization that works with the disenfranchised
- Some college
- Effective team player who is non-judgmental and honest
- Proficient with PC
Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to assist team in identifying potential challenges and providing input to staff
- Understands the systemic issues that affect low income marginalized people
- Able to observe and assess agitation levels in order to proactively diffuse potential aggressive situations
- Orient new clients on shelter protocols and policies
- Team work and Adaptability